Hanuman presented the signet - Chapter 18

In the previous chapter, we saw Hanuman’s conversation with Sita. , Now we'll see Hanuman presented the signet

Hanuman said to Sita “Devi I have another important proof that I am coming from Rama”. So saying he presented the signet given to him by Rama before he left Kishkindha. Sita took it in her hands and looked at it and felt as if she was actually seeing her husband. She praised Hanuman and said “You are a brave person and very brilliant. You singly have brought shame to the Rakshasas. You are so powerful that you have jumped across the sea. You being the emissary sent by Rama I can talk to you. I hope that Rama is not submerged in his sorrow and that he is thinking of future action. I hope that Bharata for my sake would send an army of “Akshauhani”. An Akshauhani would consist of 21870 chariots, 21870 elephants, 65610 horses (note this is three times 21870), and 109350 (this is five times 21870) soldiers. I think king Sugreeva also would send his army to help. I hope that soon I will see Rama vanquishing Ravana and his rakshasas in the war”. Hanuman said “Devi Rama is so sad all the time. He eats just boiled vegetables and roots.

He does not touch honey and fleshy fruits. He is so absorbed in his thoughts about you that he does not mind the insects, mosquitoes, and even snakes. Rama does not know where you are or else he would have come and liberated you already. Now I will inform him and he will soon come here and destroy the rakshasas. Rama hardly sleeps and even if he does so he wakes up calling ‘Sita’. He is ever trying to find you”.


In the next chapter, We'll see Hanuman shows his mighty form (Vishwaroopa).

Post a Comment

0 Comments